These are ALL actual experiences we have had while here in Panama City, FL. Nothing ceases to amaze us anymore!
You know you’re in Panama City, FL when. . . .
1. you see a car full of people, two of them hanging their arms from their windows, holding onto a long ladder (ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR). One of them is the driver. .
2. it’s Sunday and you see more than several yellow busses are parked at Wal-Mart and you don’t see children anywhere. . . . .then all of sudden you see hundreds of migrant workers pile quickly off the bus.
3. you actually think it’s okay to rent a 60″ TV from rent-a-center and fit it in the back of your camaro. They did it! We saw them driving very slowly down the street hours later.
4. you walk into Wal-Mart and you actually see people with no shoes, no shirt. No wonder the trend of putting up signs caught on at local businesses: No shoes, No shirt, No service.
5. You keep looking for highway 77 and highway 98 and come to find out. . . .they’re not highways! They’re just normal city streets. So why do they call them highways? The world may never know.
6. you walk into a doctor’s office & see someone trying to carry their miniature dog into the treatment room in a small, concealled bag
7. It takes 45 minutes to drive 5 miles
8. you have to mow your lawn twice a week, yet have no grass
9. every other car window has something imprinted on it. . .from “hot mamma” to “In memory of”. They’ve got it all here in PC!
10. you ask the locals if there is anything fun to do and they reply with a “muddin”, “fishin” or “nuttin”
11. Goodwill hires out their employees to work as security guards at the local coffee shop
12. the locals ask if your truck is a 4×4. . .when you reply no, why? They are astonished and say. . .. “don’t you go muddin????”
13. the churches boast of having a contemporary service & the 60 person choir comes out in color-coordinated robes, swaying back and forth